03 Feb Zoom Etiquette/Protocols
Posted at 11:50h in School Notices
St. Francis Senior School
- Pictures or recordings of the video call are not allowed.
- Remember our school rules – they are still in place, even online.
- Set up your device in a quiet space, with no distractions in the background.
- Join the video with your microphone muted and your camera/video on.
- Raise your hand before speaking, just like you would do in class.
- If you have the chance to talk, speak in your normal voice, using kind and friendly words.
- Show respect by listening to others while they are speaking.
- Ensure that you are dressed appropriately for the video call.
- There should be no eating or drinking during the meeting.
- The wearing of earphones and headphones is strongly recommended in order to cut out background noise.
- Be on time – set a reminder if it helps.
- Be aware that when participating in group video calls, you can be seen and heard unless you are muted or have disabled your camera.
- You may be removed from the meeting if you are engaging in inappropriate behaviour.
- Enjoy! Don’t forget to wave hello to everyone when you join!
- Parents/Guardians should be mindful that their child is participating in a zoom class and keep an eye on things at all times.