31 Aug School steps to minimise the spread of COVID 19
In line with recommendations from the Dept. Of Education & HSE ,the school has taken the following steps to minimise the spread of COVID 19 .
- Staggered opening/closing times for 3rd & 4th and 5th &6th classes
- All classes are kept together as a group (bubbles )
- Within class bubbles ,pupils will sit together in small groups (pods)
- Insofar as possible all pupils will be seated a minimum of 1 m from each other and from their teacher .
- Separate yard times for 3rd & 4th class groups and 5th & 6th class groups
- Separate yard spaces for every class bubble
- Separate pencil cases for home & school (school items must be labelled )
- Directions signs throughout school
- Hand sanitisers installed in every room and throughout the school
- Posters re : hand washing, sneezing etc in every room and throughout the school
- All pupils to bring pack with wipes ,tissues ,hand sanitiser and mask if a situation arises
- All staff supplied with PPE equipment
- All contact numbers for parents currently being updated (PLEASE CONTACT SCHOOL ASAP IF YOU HAVE A NEW NUMBER)
- COVID related lessons as well as pupil wellbeing will be covered regularly in SPHE .
- The initial weeks of Term 1 will focus on settling pupils back ,establishing good routines and reconnecting with school life in general
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF YOU HAVE BEEN ABROAD WITHIN THE PAST 14 DAYS OR IF THE HSE HAS ADVISED YOU OF BEING A CLOSE CONTACT WITH A CONFIRMED OR SUSPECTED CASE OF COVID 19
YOUR COOPERATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
Principal & Staff of St Francis Senior School