31 Aug The procedure if a child feels unwell at school
Posted at 19:37h in School Notices
If a pupil shows signs of infection a number of procedures have been put in place .
These procedures will be regularly discussed in class so that pupils are very familiar with them .
- Pupil tells teacher if they feel unwell
- If COVID symptoms are suspected , the teacher informs parents immediately
- Pupil will be brought to an area in tiled hall by teacher where they will wait together until parent /guardian arrives . At no point will the child be left alone
- The pupil will be asked to wear a mask and the teacher will be wearing appropriate PPE gear
- The child will be brought to parent/guardian at front door when they arrive and parents will be asked to contact their GP to inform them that their child possibly has symptoms of COVID
- The GP will take whatever steps he/she deems necessary and liaise with the HSE accordingly
- If positive , the family should follow the advice given to them by the HSE in terms of isolating at home etc… The HSE will contact all those necessary through the contact tracing system
- The school will await guidance from the HSE regarding any further steps to be taken .